Discord Community Guidelines
SoLo Funds Discord Rules
Breaking this set of rules will result in an instant Kick or Ban from the server.
🚨 No soliciting of loans or proposals on the Marketplace
This includes posting screenshots of your loan on the marketplace, asking for funding or financial advice of any sort. We want to keep our members safe and prevent any risk of fraud or spam.
🚨 No NSFW images or context
This server should be safe for everyone. Any NSFW pictures and discussions will result in an instant ban.
🚨 No illegal discussion
This includes any discussion about illegal drugs or activities, as well as hacking and piracy.
🚨 No ban evading
Ban evading is using a VPN or even just another account to join the server and continue participating after you’ve been banned.
🚨 No discrimination
This includes using racist terms/slang, sexist or ableist terms or making others feel bad for their race, gender, sexuality or disability. See more in our community guidelines below.
🚨 No advertising
Advertising your or others’ youtube, twitch, discord or social media does not belong on this server. This includes private discussion groups, other things that may split the community, and leading folx to unmoderated SoLo Community spaces! This also includes fundraising links or links to platforms specifically designed to accept donations/payments.
🚨 Don’t ignore your warnings or mutes
If you have been warned we suggest you make changes to improve your behavior so it doesn’t happen again! And if you’ve been muted please don’t use other accounts to talk in the chat, or other people to talk for you. Wait patiently for your mute to be over.
🚨 Be kind to one another.
Be the type of person who stays positive and gives people the benefit of the doubt. See the best in people. Embrace diversity: of backgrounds, of perspective, of those things we can choose, and those we can’t. Accept your own failures, and those of your peers, as an important part of the process.
🚨 Ask yourself
Is this the most supportive message I can send in this moment? If not, please choose a new message!
Breaking these set of rules will get you a kick or ban
🚨 No abuse
Do not abuse other players, avoid name-calling, cursing or saying things others may find offensive. A good rule of thumb is if you wouldn’t say it to someone’s face then don’t say it here!
🚨 No toxic behavior
Excessive passive-aggressiveness, back talking to other members, putting others down regularly and just being a not-kind person is considered ‘toxic’. Avoid that!
🚨 No spam
Avoid sending the same message multiple times within the span of a few minutes. This rule includes emoticon spam and letter spam!
🚨 No witch-hunting
Do not publicly call out people and/or harass them for their misbehavior! If you catch another member breaking the rules, don’t take it into your hands, report them privately via ModMail and let a mod take care of it
❤️ Community Guidelines ❤️
This community is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of members in any form.
Applicability and Scope
This code of conduct applies to all of this community’s spaces, including public channels, private channels and direct messages, both online and off. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of the administrators.
Toward a Welcoming and Safe Environment
We hope to create an environment in which diverse individuals can collaborate and interact in a positive and affirming way. Examples of behavior that contribute to creating this sort of environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the overall community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
This community will not tolerate harassment of any kind. Examples of harassment include:
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, pregnancy status, veteran status, political affiliation, marital status, body size, age, race, national origin, ethnic origin, nationality, immigration status, language, religion or lack thereof, or other identity markers. This includes anti-Indigenous/Nativeness and anti-Blackness.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, relationships, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering, using inappropriate pronouns, or use of “dead” or rejected names.
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate.
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “hug” or “backrub”) without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats of violence.
- Incitement of violence towards any individual or group, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Stalking or following – online or in the physical world.
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
- Sustained disruption of discussion.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Unwelcome requests to connect especially off of discord.
- Patterns of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others.
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease.
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse.
- Publication of non-harassing private communication.
- Jokes that resemble the above, such as “hipster racism”, still count as harassment even if meant satirically or ironically.
If you have questions or concerns about these issues please feel free to message an admin or ask for an opportunity to explore the issue with a moderator.
If you are being harassed by a member of our community, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the moderators via ModMail. If the person who is harassing you is on the admin team, they will not be involved in handling or resolving the incident.
The admin team will respond to any complaint as promptly as we possibly can. We aim to respond to complaints within 2 business days. If you do not get a timely response (for example, if no admins are currently online) then please put your personal safety and well-being first, and consider logging out.
This code of conduct applies to our community’s spaces, but if you are being harassed by a member of our community outside our spaces, we still want to know about it. We will take all good-faith reports of harassment by our members, especially the administrators, seriously. This includes harassment outside our spaces and harassment that took place at any point in time. The abuse team reserves the right to exclude people from the community based on their past behavior, including behavior outside of our spaces and behavior towards people who are not in this community.
In order to protect volunteers from abuse and burnout, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
Every code of conduct violation report will be treated with seriousness and care. If a member’s immediate safety and security are threatened, an individual admin may take any action that they deem appropriate, up to and including temporarily banning the offender from the community. In less urgent situations, at least two admins will discuss the offense and mutually arrive at a suitable response, which will be shared with the offender privately. Whatever the resolution that they decide upon, the decision of the admins involved in a violation case will be considered final.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of our members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the administrators may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the community and identification of the participant as a harasser to other members. At the discretion of the admins, or by request, one or more of the parties involved may request to discuss the violation and how to avoid similar situations in the future.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Community Covenant (http://community-covenant.org/), version 2.1, available at http://community-covenant.org/version/2/1/. The Community Covenant is an open-source effort and is built on codes of conduct that came before it, including the Contributor Covenant and the LGBTQ in Tech community code of conduct.
Community Covenant by Coraline Ada Ehmke is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.